Your initial appointment is an opportunity to…
- Meet with your potential therapist in order to discuss your needs, struggles, hopes, and goals for therapy.
- Ask questions about our therapeutic philosophy.
- Learn about the process of therapy and how therapy helps.
- In the safety of the therapeutic relationship, clients have the opportunity to examine the emotions and experiences that sustain unwanted patterns and behaviors.
- Therapy promotes change, reconnection with your authentic self, and enhanced interpersonal effectiveness.
- DSW and Associates offers a variety of therapeutic modalities – offered both individually and in groups.
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Psychotherapy
- Couples Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Art Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Multi-Family Groups
Movement Therapy allows for…
- An integration of our mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical dimensions.
- An awareness of our bodies and the sensations we experience through them.
- The development of the ability to intuitively perceive the body’s movement and fitness needs.
- The enhancement of body intelligence wherein we learn the ways in which our bodies hold and express our emotions.
- Learning how to be with the body in a manner that increases self-acceptance and self-appreciation.
- The re-introduction of exercise as a pleasurable experience – not just a calorie and fat burning pursuit.
Somatic Education Group
- Focused on educating clients on the fundamental aspects of nutrition.
- Assists clients with identifying patterns of disordered eating that require attention and support.
- Topics include:
- The Digestive System & the Digestive Process
- The Truth about Fats, Carbs, & Protein
- Facts & Fiction about Metabolism
- The Body’s Response to Exercise
- The Physical Consequences of Food Restriction, Starvation, Binging/Purging, & Yo-Yo Dieting
- Nutritional Self-Care